How Do I Know Which Statutory Scheme Applies To My Condominium?

The easy answer of course is just call your property manager. He or she will tell you. But if you want to find out for yourself, you ought to be able to look in your articles of incorporation, your bylaws or your declaration and they will have a statement, likely on the very first page, that this association is constituted pursuant to such and such a statute. Typically either 718 for condominium associations or 720 for homeowner’s associations. But be careful. Not every condo association is a 718 association. Not every homeowner’s association is a 720 association.