Can I recover even if the motorist never hit me, but caused me to have an accident?

If you’ve been involved in a bicycle accident with a motor vehicle, and the motor vehicle did not strike your bicycle but caused you to deviate from the roadway, or from the bike path, and you end up crashing and hurting yourself, that’s something you can recover from the driver of the motor vehicle.

The issue that comes into play is, in this type of accident, is being able to identify the driver. Because, many times, the vehicle is a hit-and-run kind of accident. They’ll take off from the scene. So, you have to make sure you get the license plate. Or, if the person doesn’t stop, hopefully, somebody will get the license plate for you, and you ain’t got to try to find that. But, in short, you can recover for your injuries sustained in a bicycle accident, with a car or truck that did not strike you.