Exit WCAG Theme

Switch to Non-ADA Website

Accessibility Options

Select Text Sizes

Select Text Color

Website Accessibility Information Close Options
Skip to main content Close Menu

If an employer overpays an employee, can the employer take the money from the employee’s future paychecks?

There are times where an employer will make a mistake and pay an employee too much, whether it’s in the form of a bonus or the salary is entered incorrectly. In those cases, the employer is able to recapture that overpayment from the employee. They can do so by deducting the employee’s wages. However, if they are doing it in that form, they still need to make sure that that employee receives minimum wage for every paycheck that they receive.

Share This Page:
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn
Skip footer and go back to main navigation