Exit WCAG Theme

Switch to Non-ADA Website

Accessibility Options

Select Text Sizes

Select Text Color

Website Accessibility Information Close Options
Skip to main content Close Menu

Can I sue the driver of the car I was riding in if I was injured in a Florida car accident?

Yes and no. You can sue the driver of a car if it’s your friend driving or a roommate that’s driving and causes an accident. However, if you’re in a car that’s owned by your family and you’re a resident relative of the household, for instance if you’re driving with your mom or your dad and you’re injured, or if your spouse is driving and you’re involved in an accident, you can’t sue the driver of the vehicle in that situation.

Share This Page:
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn
Skip footer and go back to main navigation